- Primary School: First prize $100
- High School: First prize $200
- Open: First prize $300
- The 2017 Backyard Safari Photo Exhibition is open to people who reside in the Wingecarribee Shire.
- Entries must be received by Wingecarribee Shire Council no later than 4pm on Friday 19 May 2017.
- Each photograph submitted must have been taken by the person who submits it and must not be illegal or offensive. Council will delete or return any photographs that it deems to be inappropriate.
- With the photograph(s), the photographer must also provide Council with a signed consent from each person appearing in each photograph, agreeing to the display of the photograph and its use by Council. The signed consent must include the name, address and contact details (telephone number & email address) of the person giving the consent.
- By submitting a photograph, the photographer gives Wingecarribee Shire Council a licence to display the photograph in the exhibition and to use it for promotion of Habitat for Wildlife and any other Environment Levy programs.
- Council will credit the photographer in all uses of their photograph. Copyright remains with the photographer.
- Wingecarribee Shire Council staff and their families are not eligible to win any prizes.
- The photographer agrees the information they provide is true and correct and certify that they have read the terms and conditions and agree to be bound by those terms
Is this a competition?
No, this is an exhibition, however the public will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite images by visiting the Civic Centre during the exhibition period 1-30 June 2017.
Can I supply images from places other than my backyard?
Yes, you can visit local parks or reserves to take photos, however it should be stated on the photo where the image was taken.
What's it all about?
To help celebrate World Environment Week and raise awareness of Council’s Habitat for Wildlife program, we are encouraging photographers to go on a BACKYARD SAFARI and photograph the wild beauty in your backyard.Send us your best photos for your chance to win cash prizes and have your photos exhibited.
Entries close 19 May, so get snapping!
Eligibility: Entrants must be residents in the Wingecarribee Shire.
Closing date: Entries close 4pm, Friday 19 May 2017.
Public viewing of photos: Selected photos will be exhibited in the Civic Centre foyer, Elizabeth Street, Moss Vale and on Council’s web pages.
Photos will be selected for display by Council staff. Prizes will be awarded according to results from a people’s choice vote. Winners will be notified and announced following World Environment Week.
Submitting entries: All photos must be submitted in digital format via www.yoursaywingecarribee.com.au. Photos can be taken on any digital device (mobile phone, tablet, digital camera). A maximum of 3 (three) photographs per individual entrant.
Entries must be submitted online via www.yoursaywingecarribee.com.au and received before 4pm, Friday 19 May 2017. Photos may also be submitted directly to Karen.Guymer@wsc.nsw.gov.au (max 10Mb per email).
Terms and Conditions