How do I register to have my say? And why do I need to do this?

    Registration is required if you wish to complete a survey or ask a question. Your privacy is protected and it's quick and easy to register and contribute anonymously with a screen name of your choice.

    If you have previously participated, click on the log or sign in button and enter your username and password.  

    If this is your first visit to Your Say then register here. Create a username and password and then provide a valid email address. It will only take a couple of minutes and allows us to confirm that you are a 'real' person, notify you each time we load a project page and avoid multiple submissions by the same individual.

    TIP: Remember to check your email in-box to confirm your registration. Sometimes people accidentally click the confirmation more than once which may result in an error message. If this occurs just visit and log in with the name or email and password you used during the registration process.

    I can’t find my confirmation instructions. Can you resend these?

    Sometimes the confirmation instructions may go into your spam folder or be accidentally deleted. To resend the instructions click here.

    I’ve forgotten my password. What do I do?

    You can reset your password here.

    What happens to my feedback?

    The feedback we receive online is used in conjunction with feedback we receive from other consultation events such as workshops, telephone surveys, drop-in information sessions or submissions.

    Council uses the information gathered from comments, ideas, feedback and submissions made during consultation and exhibition periods to inform the decisions it makes. 

    For example survey or workshop responses will be used to prepare designs or draft documents, and submissions received during an exhibition period will be reported to Council (identifying where changes were made as a result).

    How do I update my details?

    Sign-in at and then click on your name in the top right corner.

    The drop down menu will show 'profile' (see image below). Click on PROFILE and update your details.

    How can I become involved in Council consultation activities?

    Council’s consultative activities are generally listed on and/or

    There are a number of ways to ensure you are notified about opportunities to comment on Council plans, projects and proposals.

    1. Register on the Your Say Wingecarribee website
    2. Register to receive e-newsletters at
    3. If you represent a community group or organisation, provide your contact details to the Community Engagement Coordinator via
    4. Ensure that Council holds your current postal details if you own property in the area.

    'On Public Exhibition' - what does this mean?

    The public exhibition period of a Council draft policy, strategy, proposal or plan is the final period of time during which community members can have their say on the item before Council votes on adopting it. The time period is usually 28 days but can be extended.

    Where can I find out what is currently on exhibition?

    Items listed for exhibition can be found on Council’s website

    Some larger proposals and strategies are hosted on Your Say Wingecarribee - see Consultation List.

    How does Council promote consultations?

    There are many ways in which the opportunity to be involved in a consultation or comment on a proposal is promoted. We try to contact key stakeholder groups but will generally consider placing:

    • Hard copies of the exhibited item, surveys and submission forms in our libraries (for after hours access) and at the Civic Centre in Moss Vale
    • Posters on public noticeboards
    • Advertisements in Wednesday’s edition of the Southern Highland News
    • Information in our newsletters (Wingecarribee Today and e-newsletters) as well as those managed by the community
    • Social media posts
    • Material in emails to registered YourSayWingecarribee members
    • Information in media releases, speeches and newspaper columns

    How can I make a comment or submission?

    • Use surveys, forums and submission forms provided within the relevant project page on this website
    • Email to
    • In writing to Wingecarribee Shire Council, PO Box 141, Moss Vale NSW 2577
    • Phone (02) 4868 0888

    What about Development Applications on public exhibition?

    All DAs which have been received or approved since 2012 are listed online at Council welcomes submissions in writing or via email on the addresses above.

    Can my comments/submissions remain anonymous?

    Your comments/submissions can remain anonymous. Council does however encourage people to include their contact details so we can obtain further information and keep you notified of any developments with a particular project.

    It is important to note that any submissions, comments and surveys received (minus identifying contact details) may be made publicly available via the Wingecarribee Shire Council website, as part of the Council business paper.

    Does Council have a Community Engagement Policy or Strategy?

    Wingecarribee Shire Council adopted its first strategy and policy for community engagement on 26 November 2014. 

    These documents were subsequently reviewed and updated in 2019.

    The adopted documents were developed in conjunction with the Communications Strategy. 

    Learn more at or contact the Community Engagement Coordinator on (02) 4868 0888 or via email to

    How are online forums moderated?

    Your Say Wingecarribee provides opportunities for anyone who would like to discuss projects the Shire is engaging on, ask questions and share opinions. If you post something that is unrelated to the topic then it may be removed in order to keep the thread on track, so please keep it relevant.

    Anything offensive or malicious - as outlined in the Forum Etiquette Guidelines and Moderation Policy - will be removed. The host company and project staff will be responsible for moderation.