How can I report a road problem?

    It depends on whether the road is classified as local, regional or state.

    • To report an issue with a Regional or Local road contact Wingecarribee Shire Council  on 02 4868 0888 or email:
    • To report an issue with a State road contact Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Transport Management Centre on 131 700

    Not sure which road class it is? Visit

    Why aren't all roads sealed?

    Council has a limited budget for road sealing and can only seal unsealed roads that have the highest priority. Considerations for sealing unsealed roads are based on factors such as:

    • Traffic count statistics
    • Road functional class and travel speed
    • Pavement condition
    • Road usage by heavy vehicles and buses
    • Traffic accident history
    • Benefit to the wider community

    Council’s Capital Works Program for all road construction and rehabilitation projects is prioritised using best practices techniques and asset management tools which incorporates traffic counts, road functional class and pavement condition. 

    The works program is evaluated each year based on the criteria listed above and budget allocation. You can view the program in Council's Delivery Program and Operational Plan which is updated each year at