Wingecarribee Shire Council considered changes for the proposed Station Street Upgrade on Wednesday 14 February 2018 following an extensive community engagement process and review of various design elements to determine future direction of the project.
The following resolution was made:
- THAT Council endorses the proposed modifications for the Station Street Upgrade concept design from the exhibited design.
- THAT Council proceeds with construction of the proposed works in Kirkham Road as soon as possible.
- THAT Council proceeds with a tender to acquire mature trees to suit the proposed future design of the Station Street Upgrade.
- THAT following the finalisation of the detailed designs, based on the amended concept designs as per recommendation 1, Council proceeds to tender for construction of the Station Street Upgrade.
- THAT a report be provided to the Finance Committee confirming the updated funding strategy for the Station Street project.
- THAT Council make representations to its local Members of Parliament, State and Federal, seeking additional financial assistance to develop Stage 2 of the Station Street Upgrade project.
CONSULTATION ACTIVITIES HAVE CONCLUDED about the Station Street Upgrade. To learn more about the construction phase and updated designs visit www.yoursaywingecarribee.com.au/ssu.